Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Really Cool Blog

As i've said before, I'm relatively new at blogging, but I have to admit it's something i'm already hooked on. As I searched for tips and tricks on blogging, I came across the blog of Peter Chen (I've linked his blog for easy access) and it helped me understand a lot of things related to blogging. I swear, I check his blogs out daily, but the blog that he got me hooked on is the one entitled Enviroman Says , which I've also linked.

The blog Enviroman Says helps to spread environmental awareness. I've always had a soft spot for saving the environment, being a student activist back in my college days. I remember when I was younger, I always made funny paper mache figures out of our newspapers since I thought it was such a shame to throw all that paper away. And whenever I bought notebooks/notepads for school, I always chose the ones made from recycled paper since they're often cheaper and more affordable. I guess was lucky to have environmentally-aware parents.

The problem I see here in my country, the Philippines, is that recycling is something that is not thoroughly advocated and supported by our government. I grew up throwing garbage in just one bag, since waste segregation was only introduced about a decade or so, I think. There are no known and nearby recycling plants where I live, and even waste management is a problem. Whenever it rains, you can bet on floods to follow. People tend to litter wherever they are, mindless of the consequences of their lack of discipline.

If I were given the chance to be President for one day, I'd impose a hell of a lot of sanctions for people who litter and dispose of their garbage in the wrong places. I'd also make recycling mandatory for everyone.

Here's a bit of trivia for everyone which I picked up from Enviroman Says: When your screen is white - an empty word page, or the Google page, your computer consumes 74 watts, and when it is black it consumes only 59 watts. The article referred to above is Black Google Would Save 750 Megawatt-hours a Year. Pretty cool, huh.


2 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi =isleng=

Thanks for this post on Enviroman Says which I am rather surprised to see. However, I hope you will convert the URL to a clickable link.

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Disable right-click to prevent copying od photos, for the link and for your kind words.

Peter (Blog*Star)
Testing Blogger Beta (now New Blogger)

Leslie Ann said...

oops...sorry about that. i thought i made it into a clickable link. i'll fix that as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...