Saturday, December 25, 2010

Home for the Holidays

A lot of my relatives have been coming home from different parts of the world, mostly in the US. My favorite cousin from California came home, and she works as a nurse there. So while we were chatting with how her life and work is in a foreign country, she had a lot of stories to tell about her life in scrubs, as she calls it.

Since I'm not a nurse and my college degree isn't in any way related to medicine, I asked her what that meant. She explained that scrubs are actually medical nursing uniforms that they wear whenever they're at work. This kind of reminded me of being in school where everybody wore the same clothing as our uniform while in school, so I imagined this would be kind of the same for her.

But then, she explained this wasn't the case because you can purchase scrub sets of different colors, and some with different patterns as well. I guess that really helps in breaking the monotony of everybody wearing the same thing all the time.

My cousin then said she enjoys life in California, but nothing compares to being home for the holidays. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...