Saturday, May 30, 2009

On The Katrina Halili - Hayden Kho Sex Scandal

I've been keeping my thoughts to myself since this scandal came out, but I feel I just have to voice my opinion out. I'm getting pissed off about the media attention this case is getting. In the Philippines, this news is hotter than the H1N1 virus. I'm sick of seeing their faces plastered in the papers and on TV.

All I can say is that for me, the true victim here is no other than Dr. Vicky Belo. She loved a man much, much younger than she is and trusted a patient, a friend so much that the idea of her and the man she loved would do something behind her back was the last thing on her mind.

If she was the one who released these videos, I really can't blame her. Not that I'm saying she's the one who released the videos, mind you. But as the saying goes, hell hath no fury than a woman scorned.

Releasing the videos can be considered wrong, especially in the minds of the conservative Filipinos. One thing I can say to Katrina Halili is, there is no stone that will be left unturned, no secret will be hidden forever. Sure, as she has said over and over again in the news that she's sorry and she's repented for her sin, this is what someone gets when you sleep with your friend's boyfriend. Yes, life is cruel, karma is cruel, but think of how Dr. Belo felt when she found out about everything. She's the real victim here.

4 comments:

Webster Twelb said...

Well Dra. Vicky Belo does not act like a victim. Or I'm supposing she's just a very strong woman who was/is in loved with that guy.

Leslie Ann said...

can't blame her. as one of my favorite saying goes, "the heart has reasons that reason does not understand." everybody's rooting that dr. belo not get back together with hayden, but we can't make the decision for her, as much as we'd like to.

EJ said...

That's what's wrong with the media, they focuse too much attention to pity things than the most serious matters..

Leslie Ann said...

you're so right joops. i'd prefer to know more about the H1N1 virus than anything else, now that the virus is here in the Philippines.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...