Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Smashing Pumpkins - the band just won't be the same

I fell in love with this band decades ago.

With the original members Billy Corgan, D'Arcy, James Iha and Jimmi Chamberlin, they literally rocked my teenage life with their hits Perfect and Bullet with Butterfly Wings. The best song they ever wrote (in my humble opinion of course) has to be Stand Inside Your Love, with an equally beautiful music video.

As the saying goes, not all good things are meant to last. The band I loved split and some went into ventures of their own. I remember watching Zwan's video with Billy Corgan actually "smiling" and I swear it sent shivers down my spine. Not that I don't want to see his face happy for a change, it was something I wasn't used to seeing, and I felt that somehow, it just wasn't him.

Since last year, word about Billy Corgan reuniting the Smashing Pumpkins went out, but as an avid fan, I can't help but feel that the band just isn't the same without the original members. Change is inevitable, yet I feel that some changes are for the worst, especially for bands I listen to. Oh well, that's just me. Just watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...