Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Watch for my Mom in Law

My mom in law's birthday is coming up, and I was stumped on what to get her. Keisha gave me a really great idea earlier today. I was fixing her toys and I asked her, "What do you think we should get grams for her birthday?" She hurriedly left the room and came back with her grandma's Guess watch, all faded and old and non-functional.

"Here, let's get her one of these," Keisha excitedly said. I hadn't seen that watch in a really long time, in fact, I think the only time I saw it was when I wasn't married to her son yet (lol).

Since I normally just stay at home myself, I decided to surf the Internet for watches I could get her for her birthday, and I even asked Keisha to point some of them that she liked. We were lucky to have stumbled upon a shopping website called Shopping.com that offered a lot of different styles and brands of watches to choose from.

Brands like Timex, Bulova, Fossil, Perry Ellis, and a lot of other brands were available. You could even choose watches based on styles, for example, if you'd be wearing it with a dress, for outdoor activities, or just for casual wear. Watches that look really hip and tech savvy are also available, and watches for that "prestige" look are also available. If on a budget, watches are also classified according to price range so you can pick the best looking watch that suits you best and still fits your budget.

My daughter and I decided on getting her grandma a Fossil Womens Casual Metal Watch Cuff Shabby Silver ES 1787 for her upcoming birthday. We both liked it instantly when we saw it; it could double as a watch and a cuff, very stylish and hip with onyx stones. The only thing I need to do now is to get Keisha to keep everything a secret until her grandma's birthday.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...