Friday, November 9, 2007

With and Without a Job

Oh well, I'm really confused as to how I should be feeling. I'm happy that after several months (or almost a year) of staying at home, I'm back to the daily grind of working and commuting for yet another contact center. This time around, it's eTelecare. What saddens me on the other hand is the fact that I don't have a travel blogging job anymore as the site owner decided to put a close to it by the end of November.


One of the reasons why I chose to apply for a job at eTelecare is the company's compensation and benefits package. Imagine this, I have both life and health and as morbid as it sounds, we also have death insurance benefits, I can enroll two dependents (which of course will be Keisha and Simone) for health benefits, and the salary I currently have is only Php150 less than my current salary from my previous employer, after staying with them for 17 months. And get this - they also have a scholarship package that regular employees can avail of, something around Php18,000 a year if my memory serves me well. If I can manage my schedule, I just might be able to get a Master's Degree using the scholarship program of the company.

On the other hand, I'm a bit sad as my months of travel blogging has come to an end. The site owner had changed the terms in which we blog for him, and November will be our last month of work, and I'll be one blogging job less than what I currently have. Although I still have my video music blogs, I'm just sad since I really have a passion for writing and traveling and through this site, I was able to sort of virtually travel to places that I write about. I remember how excited I was when I first got published, and how I landed the job with three other bloggers after several of us were on the "trial phase."

I guess I'll just have to busy myself again with searching for other blogging jobs that'll be as fun as the ones I currently have, since I really don't want to give up writing for money. With the holidays just around the corner and two kids of my own, I want this holiday to be as fun as it can be.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...