Sunday, May 23, 2010

Disaster Turned Success

I was supposed to cook pork adobo today, but since I was really, really short of sleep and I wasn't in the highest of spirits when I woke up, I accidentally cooked the beef we had in the fridge instead of the pork. I only realized until later that it was beef I was actually cooking when I had the pot boiling and I was throwing away garlic cloves and the wrappers. The bag read - beef cut ups and I was like, oh no.

I've been thinking about expanding our menu since I always end up cooking the same meals, and I've been browsing the internet for dinner ideas. I didn't think my new menu would happen today, lol!

For the beef adobo I ended up making, I used half a kilo of cut beef, garlic, pepper, soy sauce and vinegar. You need to take equal parts of soy sauce and vinegar, and then some pepper. Combine this and the beef in a bowl and marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then, take out the beef (but don't throw away the sauce where you marinated it) and saute it with finely chopped garlic and cooking oil. Once all sides of the beef is brown, pour over the soy sauce with vinegar combination you used to marinade the beef with and that's it! Serve it hot.

I honestly did not know beef adobo tasted really good. After I tasted the meal, I was surprised that it actually tasted great and then I decided to search the internet if this recipe was even possible, or if someone has already made it. I know chicken can also be made into adobo, and I was pleased when I found the same recipe for beef. What I thought would be a disaster ended up in a successful meal for my family.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...