Saturday, May 15, 2010

Telesales with Base Pay of 15k over Skype? I don't think so.

The other day I declined a job interview over at oDesk, not because I was too busy or because the buyer was new, but because the pay as I estimated it was too low and that I felt that if I got hired, this would become a problem.

Here's what the guy offered: a base pay of Php 15k monthly, work is from 8am - 4pm with a 1 hour lunch break, fast PC and internet for Skype calls, and "up to" Php 15k commissions. Anyway, for those who have an oDesk account and would like to see this job opening, you can read more about it by clicking this link.

Now, the major reason why I declined is the fact that this job was posted as an hourly job, which means to log in and count your hours, you would need to log into the oDesk time tracking tool. What I was concerned about is the fact that my hourly rate is $8/hour, and if I was to work for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week as in the job description, I would make a whole lot more than the Php 15k budget the buyer had. Now my question is, how would they hire me without paying me my real hourly rate and logging into the oDesk time tracking tool? I somehow had this bad feeling about the job wherein either my hours will not be logged properly, or they won't get paid at all. I don't know about you guys, but a second opinion wouldn't hurt.

1 comments:

GenTM said...

I know what you mean there. Just recently, I thought to myself. I always seem to be rejecting job offers and job interviews. Am I being too picky? I didn't really think that I was. And I thought you did the right thing by declining the job offer. Working full time and getting paid 15k for it is a very low rate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...