Thursday, September 27, 2007

You have to watch 1408!

My husband and I recently watched 1408 and it literally left my mouth hanging open! It had to be the best horror/suspense movie I have seen in months, in addition to Ouija, the last horror movie I saw.

Based on Stephen King's work, 1408 is about a man, Michael Enslin (John Cusack) seeking to debunk the mysteries of life, particularly ghosts and the supernatural. His daughter died at an early age, which resulted to the strained relationship with him and his wife. He writes about the ghostly experiences he has encountered in books, and often stays at hotels and places famed for being haunted. Most of his readers claim that the first book he ever wrote was the best he's ever written, I think that was about his personal experience with his dad.

He gets lots of mail inviting him to stay at various "haunted" places, but a postcard he received stood out from all the rest: "Don't enter 1408." There had been 56 deaths in 1408, a room at the Dolphin Hotel. The hotel's manager Gerald Olin (Samuel L. Jackson) had insisted he did not stay in the said room. He even offered to give all the information about all the people who died in the room, just so he wouldn't go. But curiosity got the best of him and the more he was pushed not to stay in 1408, the firmer his decision to stay was made.

I won't spoil the ending for those who haven't watched it yet, but what I can say is that this horror movie will get you scared and thinking at the same time. Well, I've never seen a crappy remake on any of Stephen King's work, anyway.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...