Sunday, October 5, 2008

Followers on Blogger

I recently started displaying the Followers gadget on my blog. My friend and officemate Richard is currently following two of my blogs, and of course Henry is following all of my blogs too. I tried adding myself as a follower, and, well, it worked! lol.

I think it's pretty cool that Blogger came up with this gadget, as it lets you keep track of who's reading your blog. Of course, this gadget only works with other Blogger bloggers, and it sort of reminds me of the widget MyBlogLog has. It displays a small picture of the person who's following you. In MyBlogLog, it displays the recent visitors to your site.

Another good thing is when you log in to Blogger, you'll see updates about the blog you're following. If they've made a new post, you'll see the title and an excerpt of the post, plus when the post was made, like how many minutes or hours ago. I don't need to visit their blog all the time to see if there are new posts and read about them as well.

Aside from MyBlogLog, the Followers also sort of reminds me of an RSS feed. It keeps you up to date if the blogs you're following or subscribed to are updated. All in all, I think it's one of those Blogger gadgets that are a must-have.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...