Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Haven for Seasoned People

As much as I don't want to, I have to admit the fact that my parents aren't getting any younger. My mom's already retired from work, and my dad is just enjoying a couple of more years with his work as an engineer. My sisters and I love them dearly, and we mean it. But due to our own hectic schedules and families of our own to attend to, we want to give them the best care possible.

My eldest sister Elena and I were discussing the options of getting our parents into nursing homes when the time comes. Not that it's anytime soon, but we want to get a head start on where we'll be entrusting their care to, and we don't want to settle for anything less than the best.

We'd like to make sure that they're taken cared of in the best possible way, and we also want peace of mind not just for ourselves, but for them as well. We're also looking into options of residential care as well, so that we're still there to supervise our parent's care and we also still get the time to be with them. What we want would be dedicated service with their care standards always upheld, and the best care service possible. The people we'll be entrusting in their hands aren't just anybody - they're the people who raised us, and raised us well.

We haven't finalized anything yet, and we're keeping all our options open. Besides, anything can happen. Who knows, we might end up looking for other jobs that would give us a more flexible schedule.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...