Friday, December 14, 2007

On Buying a House

One of the things my husband and I discussed was that the next year, 2008, will not end with us still living in an apartment. Just thinking of the rent we have been paying our landlady sends shivers up my spine. I don't even want to compute how much we've paid her over the last 3 years we've been staying at our current apartment.

So we're interested about mortgages and how to go about one so we can finally buy a house of own. Just saying that phrase, "a house of our own," is enough to put a smile on my face. Since this will be our first time to apply for such, we're honestly a bit clueless as to how to proceed.

We're been hearing so much about mortgages this and that and we're not sure what exactly would be the one right for us and the one which would suit us best. And I always thought buying a home would be exciting, little did I know it can be so stressful. Like, "where do we get a loan and how do we go about it?" are just some of the questions that we're still looking for an answer. Not to mention how to pay them back, interest rates, lenders vs brokers, etc.

As there are still a lot of things my husband and I should know about before buying a house, we'll be engaging ourselves in reading about mortgage refinance and other terms that we should familiarize ourselves with. My husband suggested reading a mortgage blog if we came across one, which would at least provide us some insight on what exactly we're actually getting ourselves into.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...