Friday, December 14, 2007

Do you believe that we as humans were meant to have just one person we are paired with for life? Why/why not?

A big YES! would be my answer to that question. Why? Simply because I found that someone I am most certain I'll be spending the rest of my life with. I remember when I was younger and I'd ask my mom about love, she'd always reply to me with the verse from the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13. To be honest, I didn't get it at first, but now I do.

I guess the hopeless romantic in me got what it was looking for with my husband and we've been together for almost a decade, and still loving every minute of it. We go out, enjoy the company of each other, and have fun with our kids. At night before we sleep, we often talk about a lot of things like how our day went, what did we do, things we still want to do, and our dreams for Keisha and Nicole.

Our relationship is not perfect, and we're happy about it. If it were, we'd have no more room for improvement and everything would be monotonously boring. We're glad that we have our ups and downs every now and then, because these only strengthen our bond and makes us realize who we are and what we want to make out of our relationship.

I in all honesty cannot imagine spending my life with someone else. And if anything were to happen, which I certainly hope not, I am certain that I'll just live the rest of my days with my kids. And I quote from Gerry Alanguilan's Wasted, "Love cannot be passed on from one person to another..."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...